Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS & Spk

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
I have a CICS 6.1 with a Valcom 5w 1 way spk. Is there a way to have the incoming ring over the spk?

Wayne T

Have you tried to hook it up as an Aux Ringer then go into lines and set Aux Ring to Yes?

If I do that won't I lose the page portion? It's only a stand alone with power and t&r.

Wayne T

I was thinking about hooking them in Parallel. Maybe someone here has done it.

Can I tie the Aux ringer (v/s pair) to the page t&r. That just doesn't sound right.

Wayne T

silver, I'm not really sure either and I want be back at my office to try it untill next week. Hoping someone else here as done it before. Sorry

OK. Thanks for the input, I'll play with it for awhile. I don't think I can smoke anything. I'm expecting, probably a hum or nothing.

Wayne T

The page output is a low voltage input to your amplifier.
The aux ringer is a dry contact closure. You need an ampliflier that has a tone generator built in that will operate when the contact is closed or a stand alone generator that operate on a closure and the output can be paralleled to the page output.

Yes like iron states...amp with built in aux or better yet if go with a duet plus ringer to save cost on amp:

Both Aux and Page ports from KSU go to this ringer then back out to the speaker. You have the ability to turn the ringer off on this device if the Valcom speaker is good enough.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

There is a way to do what you want;I did it using a Valcom 5 watt horn and a M7100 Phone's bell port.Aux ring contacts and page relay contacts.I can' find my wiring drawings and can't remember the wiring connections.The tip and ring to the horn were split between the make/brake contacts on the Aux and the page shunt relay?
This was on a 3x8 and it was about 10-12 years ago.The only trouble I had was someone turned down the ring on the M7100.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back