Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 7.1 forward calls from DN to cell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceDude

Programmer
May 28, 2007
US
I was wondering how would I set up a forwarding on one set when that user wants to work from home and have all his office phone calls forwarded to his cell phone?

I have tried going to capabilities and using F84 which automatically forwards all incoming calls from a single line, but I want to forward only if that incoming call is coming to extension 222 for example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

I went to check something from one of the earlier posts about line pool codes and found that:

Line Pool A: 9

---------------------------
Setting under Access Codes:
---------------------------
Park prefix:1
Extrnl code: none
Direct-dial:0
Auto-dn:none
DISA dn:none

Well see that is the problem in the first place. When I do F4 9 + cell number, I get an error: Invalid Number. I get this error after pressing 9...

Any ideas what is causing that to happen?

Thanks again guys!

Because to forward a call externaly you can not use pool codes it has to be routing. Delete the pool code 9, go to routing make a destination code of 9 absorb 1 use route 000. For the other dude with centerx lines absorb all so it sends the 9 to the centrex.

Cook - Thanks! Here's what I just did and it still doesn't work.

Removed pool code 9, switched it to code 8.

Added code 9 to routing, absorb:all use Route 000.

When I do F4 9+cell number it shows on display Forward>xxxxx

When I call the extension from the cell phone its just quiet and nothing happens, no dial tone, no hangup, no voicemail, nothing... It's almost as its not using any of the routes to dial out...

Any ideas?

Ok, you built a dest, and route.

When you press intercom, 8, and dial a number, does it go through? If not, the problem is in the routing, not the forwarding.

When I press intercom and 9 I just get the "transfer" option on display, if I dial a number nothing happens.

If I press intercom and 9, then the transfer, I can just transfer to a local extension...

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

If all your lines are in pool A and pool A is assigned to Route 000 and route 000 has a destination code of 9, then Intercom + 9 + phone number should give u a line out.

make sure you have dial tone on all the lines programmed in pool a. You may be connecting to a dead or unused line when pressing intercom and 9 .

Byrontel - You were right. I had another line in the Pool A which was being used by the forward feature and therefore I was getting the dead tone. I removed it from Pool A and now it works like a charm!!!

Thank you all for your help!!! Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back