Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 7.1 forward calls from DN to cell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceDude

Programmer
May 28, 2007
US
I was wondering how would I set up a forwarding on one set when that user wants to work from home and have all his office phone calls forwarded to his cell phone?

I have tried going to capabilities and using F84 which automatically forwards all incoming calls from a single line, but I want to forward only if that incoming call is coming to extension 222 for example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

Make sure redirect is enabled for that set then use Feature 4 and input the cell number. Don't forget to include your pool access code before the phone number. This will fwd all calls to that ext to your cell phone.

When I try Feature 4 and try to enter the cell # I get "Invalid Number" error. When I try it with 9 I still get the same error.

If I do F4 and enter a local extension then it works fine.

Maybe I am missing the pool access code which I don't know what that is or how to get that? Can you explain?

Thank you again!

Have u turned on enable redirect for that DN under capabilities?

Sounds like your going to get some Nortel help with this issue, if you don't know what a line pool code is. Sorry.

You need to eliminate "9" as a Line Pool code. Then make "9" a Dest. code, have it access Route 000. Line Pool codes under Line Pool codes, Dest. codes under Routing Services.

Adversity is Opportunity

OK for that DN under capabilities I have:

Fwd no answer-> blank
Fwd on busy -> blank
DND on Busy: N
Handsfree: Auto
HF answerback: Y
Pickup group: none
Page zone: 1
Paging: Yes
D-Dial: Set1
Priority Call: N
Hotline: None
Aux. Ringer: N
Allow Redirect: Y
Redirect ring: Y
SM Supervisor: N

I'm going to try what Dewey said above and see if I can figure that out.

Let me know if someone comes up with any ideas.
THanks again.

Ok I went into the Routing Services and setup 8 to be the desc. code and then used F4 and entered 8+phonenumber, but when I try to call and enter the extension # nothing happens, it's just quiet... It does not forward? Any ideas?

That is the answer, but be aware, while you make this change, no one will be able to dial out by pool. In reality, it should take 3 mins.

btw, your set programming is correct.

Because you don't have any lines to forward out. The Dest. code has to reference a Route. Make it Route 000.

Adversity is Opportunity

Dewey,

Thanks a lot for your help!

Here's what I have for DstCode 8, Normal Mode - Rte:000, AbsorbLenght:All, still no signal just quiet...

Thanks again guys.

Small correction - now it just goes straight into the voicemail!

Folks, I have read thru this thread and I have the same problem as IceDude...One glitch tho, I am already using the digit "9" for an access code, since I am behind a Centrex. I have used "8" for the dest code as well and set up Route 000. I dunno.....I can't figure what I am doing wrong...

BR8770

If all your analog/CTX trunks are in pool A, have you assigned pool A to route 000 and have u assigned destination code 8 to use route 000?

BR8770, after you do what Dash posted. Make sure you absorb all. Since, your behind a Centrex, you'll probably have to press, Ftr4, 8 (dest. code), 9 (Centrex dial tone), xxx-xxxx (tel. #).

Adversity is Opportunity

Ice dude- You say it goes straight to VM? You may have it working.

The voicemail you're getting- is it his cell phone's vm? Does he have it turned on?

Rik - yes it goes straight into the CallPilot voicemail not the cell.

Do I need to disable his VM in order for the forwarding to work properly?

Thank you.

Ok quick update.

For Rte000 I have:
Dialout: No numbr
Use: Pool A

When I do the Feature4 and enter 8+cellnumber it says Forward #8xxxxx on the display. But when I call it from my cell phone to check if it forwards after entering the extension I get "please hold" and then it's just quiet...

Any ideas appreciated.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back