Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 6.1 Why can't record my own greetings????

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpater

Programmer
Oct 24, 2000
US
I have a 6.1 SIP software card. Why this option F833 is giving me "try again later" message when I press the REC button ????

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

Is Sytem Answer and CCR turned off when you are trying to record? If not then they need to be.

Yes. Both are off. I'm following the instruction from the book but as soon as I press the rec button, I get "wait a moment" in the display and after that "try again later" and kick me out of the system. That happened with 2 different software cards. Should I use a specific station to record the greetings or the software card has like a write protector (like the old floppy disk) that I need to move?

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

WHen you do F833 what comes up in the phone display?

Fpater.. You don't have to start many threads just to get a question answered.

If both AA and CCR is turned off in programming you should be able to program the CCR and AA greetings. If you are pressing F833, you should get password. Explain from step 1 to your last step. Do not miss a step.

Nam555

Press : Feature *833
Display : Password?
Press : 266344
Display : Auto Attendant Greetings
Press : Show
Display : Greeting A Mode: User
Press : Show
Display : Play Rec Ok
Press : Rec
Display : Please Wait
Display : Try Later

Back to Date and time display.

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

Well you are doing it correctly... Recycle power to the phone system. See if that helps. If it doesn't I would say run startup.

NTL555

I did that already. I restart it and do startup and it's the same. Must be a particular phone the one to use or a port DN to use?

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

Have you tried to change any other Greeting?

yes. A,B,C,D

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

I'm stumped, the Extension or port should not matter. Not sure if the phone does, you're not using a 7208 are you?

Nop. I replace the software card for another one and is doing the same thing.

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

You're gonna have to call your vendor at this point and get a replacement unit and or a qualified tech out there.

NTL555

They don't know what is the problem.

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

Tell them they should find someone who does know what the problem is.. Why are you left trying to figure it out?
If you purchased it from them they should be responsible..if the trouble ends up to be an error in programming..they might bill you though..but at least you'd have your answer..

Mr ThePhoneGuru, do you have any possible try to do?

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

I'm not sure of your question...
Quite honestly I've never used this application on the CICS...I've been steering myself away from it for as long as I can. I was pre warned bout using it..so I've never has a customer request it...
Im knocking on wood...

Is there anything recorded on these now?

Greeting A,B,C are empty D-E-F-G have the sys greetings.

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back