Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 6.1 integrated CCR ringing before answer and timeout when no number chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestro132

Technical User
Mar 20, 2021
CA
I've successfully set up the integrated CCR and greetings on my CICS 6.1. Attendant set is 221 which has the master phone connected to it (the one with the two line display). Line 1 and 2 set to appear only so as to not hear the lines ring before CCR answers.

When a call comes in on any line, I hear a short ring (shorter than a regular ring) on 221 but not on any other phone. The CCR immediately answers after this very brief ring on 221 and does it's thing and then the call is transferred and all phones play a double ring indicating it's a transferred call from the CCR. I did a quick test and changed the attendant set to 222 and then 222 did a brief ring before CCR answered. So the question is how do I stop the attendant set from briefly ringing before CCR answers? It's confusing for the staff as they sometimes answer the phone out of reflex before CCR answers.

The other issue is that when a call is answered by CCR and no selection is made (they don't press 1 for pharmacy) then after a moment the call is transferred to the attendant set and only rings at the attendant. I would like either all the sets to ring or remove the timeout completely. Is this possible?

Thanks

The splash ring you are hearing is caused by Delayed Ring Transfer (DRT). It occurs when no phones are programmed to ring. By default the DRT is set to PRIME. You'll fine the PRIME set for each line under LINES programming, change them to NONE. Alternately you can change DRT from PRIME to NONE.

Your 2nd question, what is the voice Model and version?

Marv ccna

2nd question: Assuming only the CICS built in AA/CCR, no voicemail on site?

AA/CCR programming change the Attendants DN, try creating a hunt group then use the hunt groups DN as the attendant.
-You system must have 3 digit DN length to see/use Hunt Group programming, so your ok.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

allworxguy, thanks I changed the DRT to none.

I have no voicemail, just using integrated AA/CCR.

curlycord, I've set up a hunt group (290) but in CCR settings it will not let me assign 290 as attendant set. I can enter 2 and then the 9 will not enter. Is there a setting i must change?

I know the voicemail systems AA will work, was not sure about the built in one.

Possible workarounds might be one of these:
-Point CCR to a spare working phone (kitchen, courtesy, phone room etc) then forward the spare phone (F4) to the HD DN.
-Find a spare unused port on the KSU, get it's DN, point CCR to that DN, assign that DN as an Answer DN to the sets required
-Install a Callpilot voice mail system and use it's AA/CCR.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Try using one of the default hunt group numbers instead.

These systems sometimes don’t like 9 as it’s used for line pools when dialling out
I have seen some strange conflicts of digits.

curlycord, DNs 221-226 are in use so I setup answer DN on 227 and set 221-226 as appear and ring I also set 227 as the attendant set for AA. Calls where a number is not chosen are now appearing on 221-226 but are not ringing even though I set appear and ring.

Also, the lines now ring indefinitely or until the caller disconnects. Auto answer is no longer holding the lines after 4 rings.

Just for clarification: CCR is set to answer on the unused KSU port 227. If caller presses 1 then call is transferred to DNs 221-226. If caller makes no selection, call is supposed to go to 221-226; which it now does thanks to answer DN being set up on 227 albeit without ringing... In either case, after the call is transferred auto answer is supposed to hold the line after 4 rings. It no longer answers after I set 227 as the attendant set.

snowman50, can you please clarify? What would a default hunt group number be? I just assumed the first HG is default and it's number is 290. I assume the rest of the HGs increase sequentially so they all have a 9?

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help!

"so I setup answer DN on 227"
Clarification: You only need to setup Answer DN on sets 221-226 by assigning X227 as Appear and Ring.

"CCR is set to answer on the unused KSU port 227"
Clarification: CCR only answers lines so I am not sure what you mean.

"In either case, after the call is transferred auto answer is supposed to hold the line after 4 rings." It no longer answers after I set 227 as the attendant set."
It appears you are using both "System Answer" and "CCR"
System Answer - After System Answer has played the greeting the call is put on hold
CCR - CCR options will transfer the call as blind, meaning CCR is done with the call permanently and is now in the hands of the set it was transferred too.

The guide states "The Auto Attendant can transfer calls to a Hunt Group" but it appears (based on your feedback) HG's maybe cannot be used for "attendant DN"
Maybe a workaround for this is to just use CCR and disable "System Answer" and point Option 1 in CCR to the HG.
Maybe test HG DN with a higher CCR option before you dismantle programming.

or if Attendant DN needs to be a DN of a live working set:
Set 221 as the Attendant DN, 222-226 have an Answer DN key of 221
Con: That option means if anyone Intercoms 221 then all sets will ring.

Outta Ammo!

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks curlycord, I've settled with your last suggestion "or if Attendant DN needs to be a DN of a live working set:
Set 221 as the Attendant DN, 222-226 have an Answer DN key of 221"
The AA is now working as I intended.

Now, would you have any idea why recording D (operators busy) would be playing twice consecutively after the call has been transferred to attendant and System Answer answers the call? I recorded "All of our staff members are currently unable to answer the phone". But it plays twice [neutral] Looking at this guide [URL unfurl="true"]https://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=451934[/url], it shouldn't do that. In my case I am using example 1 at the bottom of the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back