Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 6.1 destination code

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQD74

Technical User
May 28, 2013
CA
Hello everyone.

First, what I actually want to do: I'm trying to set a direct call forward for an user to its cell phone. My understanding is that the call forwarding (FEATURE 4) will only accept an extension (another user) or a destination code (i.e. wont accept a 'real' outside phone number). So I therefore need to create a destination code which also imply that I must create a route set with the number of the cell phone in question.

So I know I need to do:

1- Authorize the extension in question to to forwarding
2- Create a route (in this case route 005) with the number of the cell in it (9NPANXXXXXX)
3- Create an destination code (in this case code 6789)
4- Set the destination code (6789) toward route 005
5- Set all this on a specific pool (A)
6- Do the forwarding on the extension in question (FEATURE 4 6789)

Here's my problem, no matter how many route and/or destination code I create, when I get to do the forwarding itself (FEATURE 4 xxxx) I either get an 'Invalid number' or just nothing then timeout (as if the system consider the destination code too short and awaits further entry).

They very weird thing here is that I also have a BCM50 just beside it where the EXACT same procedure (I did the very same thing at the same time on both systems) and it works.

I've tried the same thing on ANOTHER norstar (4X8) AND another BCM and I get the same results (error on Norstart, ok on BCM).

I'm kinda desperate here, any pointers from you people?

Thank you

In most cases 6 and under is being used on a CICS which leaves dest codes starting at 7 and up.
Verify buy trying another dest code such as 7 or 7X, 7XX or 7XXX
If that works then 6 is in use.

Also make sure you are absorbing the correct amount.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thank you for answering.

I have now created over 20 different destination code starting with 3,5,6,7 and 8 with between 3-7 digits and still get the same issues on the 2 Norstars while every one of them works fine on both BCM.

As for the absords, it's set on 'all' on all 4 devices.

Any other idea? Thank you

Maybe you dialing plan.....not too often 4 digit dest codes used on a CICS.
Try setting digits to 14 maybe.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Did you allow the set line redirect in capabilities? Normally I set up a route with a dest. code of 9 or 8 to grab a pool, then tell the user to do feature 4, press 9 or 8 and then dial the cell number and press ok.

I believed they did so:
"1- Authorize the extension in question to do forwarding"

The idea of doing it their way is so you dont have to dial all those digits every time.
i.e for me on my CICS I do F47 - where 7 is the dest code using route, using pool, dialing cell number.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

What version is your CICS?
They need to be 4.1 or up to allow External Transfer

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thank you for all your answer.

I finally found out whats going on while working on another problem.

I was creating a pool on the CISC and, therefore, had to create an external code (9) for it.

I had a weird felling after noticing that there was no external code whatsoever programmed in both of my CISC so I tried again to do the forwarding and BEHOLD! it works. If I remove the external code it's back to not working.

So the lesson here is that the error message saying 'wrong number' when you do FEATURE4 with an destination code, means 'set up an external code'.

Obvious error message.

For me I would think the opposite

When creating/using Dest codes:
-Remove Line Pool codes (or change the code to one that does not interfere)
-Remove External code (default is 9), make it NONE

So your outside codes are one of the following only:
-Pool Code
-External Code
-Dest Code

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor