Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 6.0 PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dliss

Technical User
Jan 1, 2003
CA
Today on a customers' site one of my techs was installing a BRAND SPANKIN NEW CICS 6.0. After letting it boot up for more than 1 hour, the software did not load and the only thing that happened was the one M7324 connected to the system (in the risers room) for testing and programming was flashing?

Any ideas?

What might cause this to happen?

Thanks,

Dave

Was the softerware in the KSU? and Amphonal seated properly? Where cards in the right slots? what else is with the KSU? any modules?

spoclogo2.jpg

Private email: sbwdaddy@yahoo.ca​

curly has it right on where to start.

If you have another Amphonal connector that u can cut one end you can always just crimp a RJ11 on the blue pair and plug it in the KSU to eliminate the 66 block and cross connect .

Also make sure the SW is seated all the way in the CICS.

I just got done installing about 8 of those and I noticed on the bundle packs we got you really had to press the SW PCMCIA card in tight.

Also what cards do you have in the CICS ie: LS/DS cards ect.

If I said it, It has to be true.
Mario Mazza

Have you had this system in stock for some time?
About 3 months ago, a bunch of CICS 6.0 carts were shipped from Nortel on one day that did not actually get programmed.
I had 2 of them. They warranty replaced them, naturally.

MarvO said it

THE KSU was defective!

It was part of that batch!

Thanks for the help guys!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back