Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 4.2 line programing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgproulx

Technical User
Mar 27, 2016
CA
After installing a second line card I tried adding that lines to sets. I thought they would be 026 and 026 but it would not take those I tried all different numbers until it took 049 and 050.
But they come up as target lines. Is this because the system does not see the new card or do I have to do a start up to clear this problem so I could add two new loop trunk

I tried 025 to 029, 030 to 039, 040 to 049. It would only let me put in 049 all the way to 069 which all come up as target lines which makes me wonder if the CICS is not seeing my NT5B41GA card.

As I stated earlier it only sees tines 049 to 074 which are target lines that I presume is built into the software and has nothing to do with the line card. So I figure the trouble might be with the line card or in the back plane of the CICS. I have a spare line card that I will try to night to see if that will work if not I will try doing a Start Up to see if that will clear the problem. If none of these work then I will need too change the KSU. Unless anyone else has any advice

jsaad is right, 031 to 034

Maintenance will show if the cards are there.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Can you tell me where in maintenance I would go to see if the second line card is there?

Also was I right in assuming that 049 to 074 is part of the NT7B64YP software?

Sorry I meant Hardware, poke around there...Module 2 I think.

Look at your Installer Guide for port info.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

It sounds like restricted software, do you have more than 8 phones connected and working? In maintenance, try going to port 116, if you can't see it you have restricted software.

It is standard software I have ten sets working the problem I am having is with the second trunk card. Foe some reason I am not able to program the 5 and 6 lines

I finally got it working. I powered down and replaced the line card it did not solve the problem so I did a start up and did a factory reset. That fixed my problems I now have CO lines 025 to 028.
Thanks

Nice work, sorry we were wrong.....now thinking I gather lines moved on 6.1 software to 031.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Just to let everyone know that I truly appreciate a venue like Tek-tips where we can go for help and bounce ideas around for a solution with problems we are having on any system that we are working on.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back