Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptstechnician

Vendor
Jun 28, 2006
US
Has anyone heard of any issues with this release. I was about to buy a used CICS w/2.0 from someone and they said "of course you going to have to upgrade the software because of the switch resetting issue".

i personally don't recall that having an issue, but I suggest buying the newr version so you can support the newr equipment.

NTL555

I've never had an issue with the KSU, but once, our sales staff sold a CP to a site in Saginaw with 2.0, and didn't bother selling a software upgrade.

The CP installed fine, but every morning, they had to press f9*1 to reset the feature codes for it until I got new software to them. This may be what they're talking about.

I do remember an early release of CICS having a problem of resetting at times. It was as if the system had been power cycled and all the sets would flash and come back up. The first time I saw the problem was on an install and the new system reset two times before I got out the door. It may have been 2.0. It was not around long.

Rob

There was a resetting issue with CICS 2.0. It was corrected in CICS 2.0 MR WI 10.12. Reference ITAS SRN-011 dated February 10, 1999.

DueE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back