Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 1.0 problem with MWI using External Central Office Voice Mail MWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneboney

Programmer
Mar 12, 2014
US
I read that I can set up the Telco MWI so that it will alert that a voice mail messages is pending by setting both the line and the sets VMsg under Telco options. I did this and I also set up the telephone number for the telcos Voice Mail service as instructed. I have installed a CI card as instructed. When I leave a message on the MSG nor the MWI light will show on the T7316e handset. I listen to Line 1 and I do hear a Stutter Dial Tone from the Telco indicating that there is a message waiting. Could the problem be with my setting or could the Telco not be sending the signal to the CICS. Is the signal they send special that the CICS is listening for to turn on and off the message indicator?

Lamp will not light unless you are using software 6.1 or higher.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Yes that I see from the docs but it wont even say the work MSG on the display. I thought it was suppose to do that even on 1.0?

There are two signals from the telco. Stutter dial tone and and a DC MSG waiting lamp voltage. Your telco is probably only sending stutter. To prove plug a single line set with an MSG light into the the CO to see if it lights the light.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

The C/O did not have the MWI signal feature turned on. As soon as they turned it on it started to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back