Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chrome Issue with Third Party App

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBones

Programmer
Aug 8, 2002
US
We use a third party app that I'm not sure I can identify right now. We host it internally. It's written in Java and hosted on Tomcat on Windows Servers.

Just a couple weeks ago, some of our users started experiencing a problem where they could log in ok, but their data wasn't being displayed. Just the little spinny animation going forever. The app uses an REST API call to the server to get the data to display, but it looks like that is failing. I don't see anything in the developer console (F12) to give a hint. No error, it just doesn't return.

We discovered that it was only affecting Chrome users. A short while later, it started affecting Edge users. That's when I found out Edge was based on Chrome, which kind of made sense. Other browsers are fine (i.e. FireFox).

We also discovered it only appeared to be the latest version of Chrome and Edge, not earlier versions. And not everyone with the latest version is having the problem.

We have approached the vendor and they say no other customers have reported the issue.

So, to my question, does anyone know of similar issues with other apps with the latest version of Chrome/Edge? Does anyone have any suggestions for trying to debug the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back