Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chrome and passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphonzo

Programmer
Apr 9, 2003
GB
Does anyone know how to save more than 5 passwords in Chrome? It's infuriating!

"Offer to save your web passwords" is checked - but it doesn't offer anything anymore.

Apologies for posting here, but it seems the most logical place!

Install LastPass. ;-)

“Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

That seems to work, thanks, although even though I expressly asked it not to, it's stripped all existing passwords from Firefox, which was working fine. Nothing's ever straightforward is it?

Huh?
It does let you choose which ones to migrate to LP and which ones not. Those you don't migrate stay in Firefox PW manager.
I just checked.
[ponder]

“Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

I found that LastPass doesn't always quite do what it is supposed to.

A RoboForm Everywhere account does much, much better, especially if you have a mix of operating systems and devices

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back