Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

chqnge command button dynamically

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughn9

Technical User
Sep 23, 2001
Which property do I need to change to change a command button dynamically (1.e.during program execution)

Change it dynamically how? The size? Position? perhaps the background colour? Or the font in use?

The point being that we need more information before we can usefully advise...

changing the background color

Command1.BackColor = vbRed

You will need to have the Style property set to 1 Graphical at design time for this to work

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Here are my choices
In order to overlap (say a command button) during design time, we use the send to back’ or ‘bring to front’ option form the edit menu. To change it dynamically (i.e. during program execution) we need to change:

a. Background color property
b. Caption property
c. Zorder property
d. Autoredraw property
e. SendtoBack property
f. Bringtofront property
g. Hide property
h. Show property

Hi Vaughn9,

This is a little tricky, as you haven't actually asked a question yet but I am guessing you want something to be hidden at some stage and visible at others.

Using the .visible property will achieve this, setting it to true or false accordingly.

If I haven't guessed correctly, please ask a question.

HTH
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back