Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Choosing sending account in Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FROGGYJ

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2002
CA
Hey just wondering if anyone knows of a plugin that will do this. I currently have 3 emails setup, coming in and out of the same outlook on the same pc. When I create a new email I want to be able to "create new mail from..."
so that I can select which account to send from. The only way I know so far is to go into the accounts and change the default and then send...but that's a hassle. Any ideas?

A+,N+,CST,CNCT,MCP

Froggy,
What mail client are you using? Outlook Express or Outlook XP?

In Outlook Express, if you have multiple accounts, you are able to select which account you want to send from a drop down menu. This comes up automatically in the From field when you create new mail.

In Outlook XP, there is an option called Accounts when you create new mail. From this option you can select which mail profile you want to send from.

There is no need for plugins.

I think FROGGYJ means when a new mail message is created, it asks at the time of creation which account you want it to be sent from.
Alternatively, this could be asked when you click send.

I'd find this sort of thing useful myself, since I often send an e-mail to someone from the default account when I would rather use another. I assume it could be accomplised using VBA.

heh I guess I'm just blind. I see the accounts button now and that would work fine, I just never had a need before so never noticed it...thanks guys!

A+,N+,CST,CNCT,MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back