Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Choose ID File to Examine 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1penny

MIS
Mar 20, 2001
US
I just upgraded laptop from Win98se to Win 2000. Now when I launch Notes (4.6.5A) I get this window that comes up which says - Choose ID File to Examine. When I hit cancel, my mail opens without problem. Anyone know how to resolve this??

It looks as though you just need to point it to where your id file is stored usually in the notes/data dir
Once you point it there, it will not usually prompt you again

That is the most bizarre part, it is pointing to the correct drive! And there is only 1 ID file to choose. This almost seems to be a random issue. I setup 2 laptops straight from Dell that had 2000 preloaded - 1 users Notes asks for an ID file, the other one does not. I also uninstalled Notes and reinstalled - still no resolution..

When you uninstalled Notes, did you delete the notes.ini? There are some settings in the ini file that can give you grief when upgrading depending on your configuration.

Thank you for the response! I just figured out yesterday that my Norton AntiVirus 2001 was causing this issue! I uninstalled Norton and installed McAfee - voila - the Choose ID File to Examine message is now suddenly gone! I read about this somewhere, however, I did try to disable Norton - that didn't work - guess the trick is to completely uninstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back