Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

chnaging something in a field from a stored procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fursten

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
PT
Hi,

Im using CrystalReports8.0 and I´m getting all the data I need for the report from a stored procedure.

The problem is that, one of the field needs to be converted so, in the stored procedure I do:

convert (char(10),cast (CON_CONTRATO.CON_DTFIMCON as datetime),103) as dataVenc

This expression is correct, because if I run it in query analyser it works fine. However, in CReports, when I´m trying to add this field to the report , the filed is not given to me as option :( I still get only the CON_CONTRATO.CON_DTFIMCON (that will show me nothing).

Any ideas? It seems that CReports doesn´t like that we change something in the field of the sotred procedures :(

Thank you

Sergio Oliveira

I'm not quite sure what you mean about it "not being given as an option", but usually that means that Crystal is interpreting the field in a different way than you would expect, such as a memo. Check Crystal's definition of the field with the Browse feature.

Judith

Judith Ullman
Director of Training and Consulting
Innovative Information Resources
Phone/fax: 212-904-0707

Innovative is the Metro New York Crystal Decisions Partner, specializing
in training and consulting in Crystal Reports and report distribution
products, along with Oracle training and Data Junction training and
consulting.

Hi,

It means that when I do: insert/database field I dont have the new field "dataVenc" there, but the old one (CON_DTFIMCON)...

I thought that this was because I changed the stored procedure and the report didnt "refresh". To refresh I do: database/verify database, but the problem persists.

Well, but not now! Now I can see the new field... I think that I solved this by closing and opening the report... I think... Am I doing right?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back