Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chnage NT Password thru OWA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anutta1

MIS
Mar 22, 2002
GB
Hi

I have set up an SSL OWA site, but when I try to change a user password in the options pop-up, I get a page cannot be found error. I have looked at the source and it appears it is looking for "iisadmpwd".

I have read this is installed by default when IIs is installed, unfortunatly I am unable to locate it within my default website.

Am I missing something? Can this be downloaded from anywhere? All help is greatly appreciated.

Andy

iisadmpwd is a virtual directory in the default website. You should be able to see it in the administrative MMC. If you ran the IIS lockdown tool, you may have turned the change password feature off.

The virtual directory is mapped to C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\iisadmpwd. If it exists, you can just recreate the virtual directory. You must turn on SSL security on that directory for the password change feature to work.

I haven't applied any lockdown tools, Simply installed OWA, I have looked in the system32 folder and cannot locate the iisadmpwd.

Can this be downloaded, or is it on the Windows 2000 server Cd

Cheers
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back