Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CHITTAG.cfg - ALOHA 6.7.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

kposnet

Technical User
Oct 6, 2011
US
Hello all,

It's been a bit since I've been here...so much so that the site either deleted me or I lost my creds :(.

I'm trying to display a summary of items on a remote chit (Aloha QSv6.7.14). Using CHITTAG.cfg accomplishes this but for some reason, it feels the need to display the final "seat" number before hand. We are using seats in the QS environment for packaging. Is there any way to get rid of this seat info (have tried settings on the printer) in the summary section of the chit? Also, we would like to move the summary information to the top of the chit. I thought maybe creating a custom chit but the information I can use to build these does not include the chittag info. Anyone familiar with this?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Kgpos,

I have been out of the Aloha loop for a few years now, but drop in here to see whats going on. To answer the last question, yes, I am familiar with chittag.cfg.

I have used chittag.cfg. I believe your issue is with the QS version. That is just the way it is, I think.

I used it in table service with seat positions for Japenese Steakhouses and did not have the issue you are having. The kitchen got a 2 part chit, one that broke the orders down by seat # and the second initiated by the chittag.cfg which would list how many ounces of chkn, stk, rice, etc. for the chef to roll out with for the whole table.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Bo, I was hoping you were still around. You seemed to know your stuff. I was oxygenetic in the previous incarnation, actually left the aloha world for a bit but came back.

Anyway, everything I tried wouldn't remove that so I think you're right. There were different flags that I tried but SOMETHING always printed there (seat number, check number and order mode). I opted for order mode and in the trailer, I typed dashes...pretty effective work around. Now, I need to move the result to the top of the chit. Any ideas or is this even possible?

K

The chittag printing was pretty much a work around added way back specifically for the Japanese steakhouse environment and was never added to the GUI. It has no programability other than what items print and their assigned unit of measure to be added up. It's always printed as a summary at the bottom of the chit.

Thanks, posrescue. It's definitely very basic. I was hoping I could build a custom chit but the chittag functionality isn't an option when doing so. Time for an RFC....riiiiiighhhhhttttt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back