Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chipset and Bios drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigr

Technical User
Jul 12, 2001
NZ
I have a Biostar M6TBA mobo with an Intel 440BX chipset. I'm running ME and I'm trying to find which drivers (lastest) I should have for the Bios and the chipset. I have checked all the relevent sites but am left in a daze as to what I need to download and how to install it. I'm pretty sure I have a via 4in1 driver installed at present due to the wrong advice so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
p.s. How do u find the type of driver that the chipset is using?

Always use drivers supplied by your motherboard manufacturer, never "generic" drivers from the chipset manufacturer. The motherboard manufacturer may have made modifications for your specific board.
What in *&$#@ are you doing with Via drivers on an Intel chipset????
If you want the know the drivers your motherboard is using, go to device manager and click the individual listings under System Devices. Most will have a drive tab.

Thanks. Have downloaded the apprioate driver and got the following message "The current operating system supports the Intel chipset devices on your system. No INF update is needed."
So I guess everything is A-OK and I have been worried about nothing.
And I have found info on the Intel 440BX AGPset.(there seem to be a few downloads available. Are these just documentation downloads on the 440BX, i.e. is the AGPset just a reference name for the 440BX chipset, or are there drivers to download for performance enhancing of the 440BX in relation to the AGP port? I have a Geforce2 MX400 64MB graphics card.
Hope I'm not being a pain in the @*#$ I just want to squeeze as much performance as I can out of my motherboard.
Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back