Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chinese Kitchen Printing in Aloha POS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Computer Guy

Technical User
Mar 27, 2023
US
Does anyone have step-by-step instructions on how to make this happen with Aloha POS using Epson U220 Printers?

No, this restaurant is in Texas, but they are Chinese owned and would like for their orders/chits to print in Chinese in the kitchen. Do you have any experience on how to make this happen?

There is specific firmware needed on the printers to accept print in Chinese. I had similar issue a few years ago with asian restaurant. I enable alternative chit print in aloha. So both English and CHinese printed. Contact Epson support for the exact firmware to match your printers. The process is very simple and they will provide all the software and firmware needed.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : TheeAlohaRoss

I think we have the Chinese loaded on the printer as when it does a test print, it will print Chinese characters. However, when we try to print a test item that has Chinese characters, it just shows a large "?". Do you know of any specific settings that are needed? It is setup as a Windows printer.

I did setup as generic windows printer. But nothing special in its setup. It was the firmware that made it print in Chinese.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : TheeAlohaRoss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back