Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

China PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2004
US
Anyone has any experience with PRI in China? We have an office in Shanghai but have 5 analog lines. Would like to do LCR throughout the whole company and rep told us that we need to have a digital line to acomplish this. Would that also be ISD line as I am not sure what China has to offer. Please help. We would need maybe 10 channels not the full 23+1. I also know that they have 30 channels.

George

If they have a PRI with 30 channels then it is most likely Euro ISDN.
What do you want to do?
Is the China office connected via a WAN with other sites and you want to break-out in various locations/countrys?
Then the alog lines can be used, digital lines makes it faster but i see no reason not to use alog lines.

Users in Shanghai office would like to forward to their cell phones. Also, it takes up to 40 seconds to brake the line once you hang up. Also, our rep told us to get the digital line in order to have least cost routing or dial plan implemented. We have the plan implemented in US but would like to expand to China and take advantage of this feature as we are getting killed on the international charges.

For call forwarding ISDN is faster and reliable.
If you can migrate then you should do it.

We would like to, but who can provide the ISDN line in Shanghai? We still need to find the provider for only couple of chanels. CPCNet (China telco) is offering 30 chanels. Anyone else offering partial lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back