Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ChildDatawindow not holding value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaul125

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have a window that has two drop down datawindows. One of them is invisible until the user selects a value in the first DDDW. As soon as I select a value in the first dddw, the itemchanged event will then populate the second dddw based on the value selected in the first one. It also will set the visible property to 'True' for the second dddw.

I will then select a value in the second dddw. As soon as I select another object on the window(i.e. a command button), the value I selected in the second dddw automatically re-selects the first item in the dddw.

Why does the value in the second dddw change back to the first item in the list? Why won't it hold the value I select?

Keith

First of in which object's changeitem event u have written the scripts..... to hold both the values define two instance variables and assign them in respective changeitem events. then go for the command button scripts etc.

Hope this time it will work......... if not publish ur scripts.

cheerssssss..

Thanks for your reply.

However I just figured out what the problem was. My drop down datawindow has 3 fields in the SQL. One field is the argument, the other ones would be the Display value and the Data value. In my datawindow/column that holds the dddw, I had the data column set to the argument column. This should be set to the data value that matches display value. This is why it was not holding the value..

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back