Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cheyenne Colorado Back up for WIN95 fails in WIN98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We have a HP Colorado T3000 and the backup software which came with is Cheyenne Colorado for WIN95. Trying to install it fails under WIN98. Any suggestions ? We need to revover some old files from the tape.

how do I get my DAT dive working hp2000

I have a trakker 350 Colorado backup drive and have lost the data cable. What can I use?
harry@kleeman.net

Concerning T3000, When you upgraded to W98, the previous MSBackup was replaced and it is imcompatible with CBW. You have to remove every trace of it from the machine including the registry prior to installing CBW. An alternative is to install the MSBackup and try it. And then subsequently CBII ver. 8. I don't know if they can read what was written with CBW. Otherwise, if you have the option to revert back to W95, restore all to the harddrive and then upgrade to 98 again. Install the new tape software and make new backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back