Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CheckSum Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackMorris

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
IE
I have following error message coming up when I boot up my PC:
CMOS checksum error-defaults loaded
Warning!CPU has been changed
Please re-enter CPU settings in the CMOS setup
Remember to save before quitting.
Suggested SDRAM latency time is "2"

Please suggest what is the solution?

Thanx in advance

Jack Morris

First , replace battery. Second, reset defaults. Third, modify settings to fit what you have.

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Couild be incompatible memory.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Hi, i am getting the same error on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard, it came out of the blue... I cant access Cmos at all, my cpu is regestering at a ATHLON 1100+ instead of a athlon 3200+. Will replacing the battery let me get into cmos?

Reset the BIOS (jumper or remove battery overnight). This should put the BIOS back to factory default.

That is the only way that I am on right now. But my computer is running at a Athlon 1100 Mhz. I cannot access the CMOS, if i try... Just a blank cursor. THe computer will only start one time per bios reset. And i have also tried flashing the rom, but it dosn't work.

As a review, to clear CMOS on an Asus A7N8X Deluxe:

[ol]
[li]Turn off the computer and unplug the power cord.[/li]
[li]Remove the battery.[/li]
[li]Mover the jumper on CLRTC1 from pins 1-2 to 2-3 momentarily. Place the jumper back in its original position, pins 1-2.[/li]
[li]Re-install the battery.[/li]
[li]Plug in the power cord and turn on the computer.[/li]
[li]Hold down the <Del> key during the boot process nd enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.[/li]
[/ol]

If you then still can't get into CMOS try replacing the battery, repeating the above steps. If the motherboard still fails, contact Asus regarding warranty support.

says there is a three year warranty.

I finally just upgraded the mobo. I believe that I accedently caused a ESD on the circuitry. I replaced the BIOS chip, but that didn't work. Oh well, another MB for my wall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back