Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

checksum error with Spybot

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiring

MIS
Jul 3, 2002
US
I am trying to upgrade to Spybot SD 1.4. When I try to use it a message says the dection rules need to be downloaded. When I do this I get a checksum error. Does anyone have a cure or should i just uninstall and start over.

Thank

Yes,

The cure is that you need to change where it's being downloaded from....so try a different download site and you will be able to get the updates just fine.

Hope that helps,

Erik

I agree with erikhertzel. I've noticed that at least a couple of sites listed in their download mirrors always gives me errors or locks up the program.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

I try using MalWareBytes out of the USA, that seems to be the best download site that I have found.

Erik

Tried two mirrors same results. In further research today I see this is not an uncommon problem with the upgrade. I tried malwarebytes but get a page not found message. I did notice there are several sources for a 35k spybot ini file. However,they do not say what it does they go straight to the download dialog. Do you know if this is a fix for the problem?

Thanks for your help
Regards Bob

You may want to uninstall what you are using and download a fresh copy of S&D 1.4 and then use a mirror to get the latest defs (which came out today, actually). If one mirror doesn't work, try another....sometimes it takes 3 or more tries (I had to try about 3 times this morning to get the new defs and kept getting the bad checksum error).

Go to:

Hope that helps,

Erik

Thanks erikhertzel, your link did it.

Regards,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back