Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkpoint VPN-1 SecureClient Policy Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxnkey

Programmer
Aug 15, 2006
US
I have noticed that when someone tries to ping my laptop they get request timed out. I cannot even use my laptop as an ftp or tftp server. I noticed if I go into my network properties and uncheck the chekpoint driver all is good. It seems as though the CheckPoint is acting as a Firewall. Does anyone know how to adjust the default policy on the checkpoint software?

I presume you have the VPN client installed. If so, you can check the desktop policy, this can be found diagnostics tool in the secure client folder. This policy is pushed out from the Checkpoiint Dashboard, the FW admin would need to modify the policy and you would need to update you the dashboard policy by connecting via VPN.

If the FW admin can't/won't modify the desktop policy, you can if you have permissions stop the checkpoint services and or unbind it from your NIC. However, depending on your companies securiy/computer use policy you could get in a lot of trouble for doing that.

This issue could also be MS ICF, Microsft's firewall by going into the properties of your NIC and selecting the advanced tab you'll see an option for enabling the firewall.

There could also be other checkpoint solutions that I'm not fully aware of since, my company moved off CP a couple years back.

hope this helps.
JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back