Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkpoint R55 FTP Loadbalancing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

atski31

Technical User
Dec 12, 2006
GB
Hi..
Can anyone help me : I am trying to configure Loadbalacing for 2 FTP server in our DMZ. I have created the logical server with a public facing Ip address of y.y.y.y and have added the server group which consist of 2 ftp servers with internal address x.x.x.a and x.x.x.b.
Question: do i need to NAT these to y.y.y.y ?
and also do i need to create any static arp entries on my splat box .. if so what entries do i need to create ?...

Thanking you in advance for your help ....

Hello atski31,

What is the OS Checkpoint is installed with?
The FTP servers need to be accessed from inside or outside networks?

Regards,

Abner

Hi abner78br.. the OS is Linux...and they need to be accessed from both inside and Outside....

The Version of Linux is as follows....

Linux CW-FW1 2.4.9-42cpsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 19 19:08:55 GMT 2003 i686 unknown

Atski31,

Just one more question. How is the FTP servers connected to the Checkpoint Firewall? One interface facing the inside network and the other one facing the DMZ side?

Regards,

Abner

Hi abner78br..

The FTP servers have a single interface with the ip addresses corresponding to the DMZ of the SPLAT -now i'm not sure whether these need to be natted to the public address set on the logical server or not.. ?( I have tried this but can only connect to one of the FTP servers.. Load balancing not working).. also i think static aro entries need to be added to the splat but not sure which ?...

ATSKI,

for sure you'll need NAT to those addresses (and routing entries on your firewall box). However I am not sure about load balancing.

I've seen loadbalancing issues regarding FTP. For instance: you request access to one server but the other one replies and your connection drops. I had to set one as primary and other as standby.

Regards,

Abner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back