Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkpoint NG - log switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtosJule

Technical User
Apr 23, 2004
GB
Hi,

We are running Checkpoint NG FP2 and in the last week the automatic log switching that was set to happen at midnight is no longer ocurring. No settings have changed - only thing that seems related is that we had to restart the FW and since this point log switching only happens if done manually. Help????????

What kind of OS is you CPFW management station on? NT,IPSO,Unix?

IPSO 3.7 - all running on the Nokia box. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts..

go to access2networks.com go into their downloads section. Download their cleanup zip. Modify the files for your config basically IP's passwords. Create a cron job to run on whatever schedule you wish. That's what we do, no problems.

This link " access2networks.com " is no longer available. Can any share this out?

thanks,
Mark paterson

Sorry I see what you mean, this file was origionally used on FW1-4.1, so they are probably not supporting it any more. I believe there is a Nokia TAC article on how to schedule these types of jobs within the IPSO 3.7 config/system config/job scheduler, this would be definately supported. These scripts work for me in my environment, I wouldn't load them with out testing them. Since they have been removed from their site I'll hold off uploading the scripts, look into the job scheduler in the IPSO.

Have found the job scheduler within Voyager and wandering what command will request log switching to occur at midnight.

Here you go to logswitch 'fw logswitch $NAME-$DATE' without quotes and select daily. I haven't used the job scheduler, but after you apply the job you can probably set the time. If you create a script to FTP the logfile off it's pretty handy. Here is an example you can use, but it's not supported. good luck

fwmgmt[admin]# more fwlog-ftp
#! /bin/csh
#
# This file was created by Access 2 Networks. # The purpose of the file is to ftp log files to an FTP server.
#
# The next line reads in environment variables for this session.
#
source /var/etc/pm_cshrc
#
# The next line sets the environment variable for NAME and FWLOG.
#
setenv NAME `uname -n`
setenv FWLOG `date +%d%b%Y-%H`
#
# The next line changes directories.
#
cd /opt/CPfw1-50-04/log
#
# The next line zips up the files and then deletes the original log files.
#
#tar -cvzf /opt/CPfw1-50-04/log`uname -n`-`date +%d%b%Y-%H%M`-fwlog.tgz $NAME-$F
WLOG* |xargs rm -rf
#
# The next section opens an ftp session and puts the files onto the ftp server.
# It uses the .netrc file for the username and password for the ftp setting.
#
cd /opt/CPfw1-50-04/log
ftp -i <ip of ftp server> << HERE
binary
mput fwmgmt*
lcd /var/admin
put fwmgmt*
close
quit
HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.