Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkpoint NG FP3 Change Password, but where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschons

Technical User
Sep 24, 2002
CH
Hello

Where can I change the admin password? I couldn't find a opption in the SmartDashboard.
I also would like to change a password of an administrator. I know how create a new one, but how can I just change the password?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerly Tschons

Hi Tschons,

If this is for Checkpoint NG It's under the Mangage Tab click on Users and Administrators, then click on the user that you want to modify. Click on edit, it will take you to the user propeties of that user, you then click on the authentication tab and change the password there.

Hi

Thanks for your help. Now I could change the administrator's password.
But I still don't know how to change the password for the admin. The user admin is not listed unter the administrator users. Where can I find the adminuser?

Thanks for any help.

cu tschons

go into the operating system and type cpconfig and look at the administrators

On the operating system I changed the admin password with cpconfig unter administrators.
But thats not the same admin as I use for the SmartDashboard, because there I still have to use the old password to login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back