Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkpoint Firewall 1 and HP Omniback

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSmith123

Technical User
Feb 14, 2002
ZA
I cant get Hp Omniback software to back up throe the Firewall into a DMZ. Basically all rules are open for the two servers, as this is the testing phase. Has anyone else had the same situation. Ill post more detail if anyone replies to this.

Cheers

i have never tried the software but if you go into properties and get the firewall to log inplied rules then look at the logs you may find it can be solved this way.

We have tried the logging, but it dos'nt show where the breakdown in comms happens. We have also tried packet sniffing, but to no avail. I have read that their is problems with the Omniback software and Microsofts firewall product - they are incompatible.
Basically i think i just need to know if anyone has a similar setup - Firewall 1 and Omniback, and if it works. Before i give HP hell for selling me an unworkable solution.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back