Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkpoint Dual Wan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

oktaym

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2007
US

HI I would like to find out about how I can setup ISP failover.

We currently have a Checkpoint NG FP3 (on Win2K) setup with one ISP in Atlanta and has a VPN tunnel to our NY office. NY office has a Cisco PIX firewall.

We just got a DSL for backup and failover purpose in Atlanta.

Is it possible to setup checkpoint for failover with 2 ISPs in Atlanta, and have 2 different VPN tunnels to NY PIX???

Thanks for all your help...
Oktay

Hi

I dont think it should be a problem. Not sure how pix works with encryption so wondering if you might have to do some NAT somewhere so that the pix box sends the traffic back down the right tunnel.

If its not an urgent requirement I would upgrade to NGX "as latest version as you dare" first as NG FP3 was really the point when NG became usable. You might want to consider moving to SecurePlatform at the same time.

ISP redundancy is quite straightforward so configure two interfaces as external, then you can configure ISP redundancy. Verify routing and firewalling along the new tunnel eg. that your dsl router does not have any firewalling on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back