Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkout the DR Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqtran

Technical User
Oct 25, 2003
US
Hi all,

I checked out some DR medias out of the library but the I/0 slot was full. The media now is in the Vault state. What I need to do to check them out the library physically.
Please help.

Thanks.

Added to the comment above- The DR medias is still in the library at the Vault state. The TSM told me to open the tape library and remove the tapes but I don't want to do that.

The library doesn't have a front panel that allows for eject operations? What does TSM think is in the vault slots occupied by the DR media? I'd run an audit after I got the tapes out.

Yes, it does have the front panel but I don't know how to eject the operation. Please tell me.

Thanks

you have to check in your library documentation, it is different for every lib

if it is not too old, you should have a web access to your lib, and it is quite easy to move a tape from a slot to the IO.

just need to know in which slot is the tape you want to move.

I am new to TSM so please tell me where to go from the web access to move a tape from a slot to the IO.

Thanks

We have a IBM 3583 tape library. You can use the web access which is your http:\\ip address for your library but it is easier just to open the front panel of the tape library, find the correct barcode label and pull the tape out. (When you open the door, the homing picker will go to the bottom and out of your way.)

After I manually removed tapes, I will run an audit, to make sure the library knows the tape is gone

I have another question which is not related to the media but it is related to TSM.

I am getting the error message when start the TSM server as below using the /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv.rc file.

Starting TSM Server.
ANR0900I Processing options file /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv.opt.
TSM Server ("/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin") error.. Aborting.

ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure
ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server.

I have try several times but still get the same error, please let me know what i should do next.

Thanks.

Here is another error in the dsmserv.err log:

ANR7820S ADSM thread thread id terminated in response to program abort.

And when I do the search on the ANR7820S, it states:

Explanation: The thread has ended due to a program abort.
System Action: ADSM completes termination processing.
User Response: Note the associated messages and call your service representative

What should I do. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back