Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking who has made calls in the last year. CM/CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSKP

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2017
GB
Hi,

Quite simply, we need to find out who has made calls, in and outbound in the last year. We have a full agent export, but the only way I can figure to do this is by typing in each individual agent ID into CMS and manually checking against a in/outbound monthly report.

There must be an easier way surely? Manually typing 3000+ agent ID's wont work.

Any help would be great

Modify your existing report to allow for multiple agent entries (think you're limited to 1000 at a time). You can delimit them using - for concurrent numbers ; for non-concurrent (ie: 1000-1500;1506-1520)

Or setup an ODBC link to CMS and pull the monthly data using Toad or even MS Access.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The CMS report for 'in/outbound' is limited to checking 1 agent at a time. How do you change it to search up to a 1000 at one time?

ODBC is only accessible by certain people for us, and just for ease of access, it would be good to do it just via CM/CMS

You would have to have rights to edit the report. You would then change the input field to allow multiple entries. But you probably would want to copy the report first then rename it, don't edit the report if it's a system default report.

A lot more complicated, you could save the report as a script and then create a loop in the script to run for all the agent numbers you need to report on.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Is there a chance you could point me in the right direction for modifying a report? I cant see where I go to do this

First thing I would do is open the report window and just highlight the report you want to run.

Select COPY and make a copy of the report first, name it something new.

Highlight this new report then select edit.

When the report opens in edit mode, select Edit | Inpurts, check the box for multi-value for the agent field.

- Stinney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back