Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking voicemails on One-X Portal 8.0.103.31

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlstiles

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2012
CA
Hello,

Having a bit of an issue with checking voicemails using One-X Portal and the Outlook add-on. When I select a voicemail message and hit the play button, it gives me a beep noise on the phone and nothing else. I have the Call Assistant installed and am running the Linux version of VM Pro & One-X Portal (not UCM). The Avaya IP Office version is 8.0.42.

Any ideas?

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue. If I go under source numbers and put V223 (the users Ext number) back in then it works but when I blank the source number out so that the visual voice will prompt for a passwrod, then it breaks the voicemail feature in x portal.

No resolution yet. Your solution of source number is a temporary work around though. I also have some other weird behaviors in this latest version of One-X Portal.

1) When I try to play the messages through the browser, I get "Currently unable to play Voicemail messages via the browser. Please select Phone mode to play back messages on your desk phone."

2) Under the Configure tab / Profiles, right below the Profile Definition section it says "The voicemail server is currently unavailable. Check your voicemail configuration settings match when it becomes available." This message seems to be bogus because One-X tells me whenever a message is left or is read.

Do you have these other issues too?

Ricky

Rickey,

We are having the same problem as you and are currently working to find a resolution. Did you ever get the problem resolved?

What version of One-X Portal were you using?

If we find a fix I will be sure to post back.

-Lp

Just noticed that this post is for 8.0.103

That is the version we are using. Looking like we are going to have to re-install and use version 8.0.84.220

Never did find a resolution to this. I am just waiting for Avaya to release r8.1 at the end of June. Hopefully, that one will be a lot lesss buggy.

You need to add a source number to the user's account on the IP Office Manager.

In the case of a user on extension 100 for example, go to their user account in Office Manager, then to Source Numbers and add V100 then merge the configuration. Entering Vxxx (where xxx is the extension) on that account allows that extension to access the voicemail of the number you have added, without needing to log in. If this is not set then any automated voicemail checking won't work - as in the case with One-X.

I believe this is the only way to get this feature to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back