Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking PRI usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuty42

Vendor
Mar 8, 2016
US
Is there a way in SSA to tell how many PRI channels I have used at the top end. Meaning most channels used concurrently?

Thanks!

I should add it's only obvious as long as incoming and outgoing don't start at opposite ends (like in the UK), otherwise it's not really obvious at all :)

Actually it is set up as incoming starting on channel 1 and outgoing starting on channel 23. So I guess I can't find that info. I check with the telecom and see if they can tell me.

In SSA hit the plus sign on trunks and select the PRI line. It will illustrate how long a channel has been idle since the last reboot. You can check how long it has been since the last system restart by selecting Alarms. If the last reboot was a month ago and you see channels idle since that timeframe then you have never used that channel in that timeframe.

If inbound starts at 1, and outbound starts at 23, you can somewhat infer how many channels are simultaneously in use for in or out, but you cannot really infer how many total channels are simultaneously in use, as in/out may peak at different times of day. In my former Executone life, that was one of the standard reports that proved handy time after time. Of course, with most PRI circuits in North America, you get 23 channels - so it really only matters if all are full, at which time you'd likely get a SSA alert on failed outbound attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back