Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking of specific words in email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atanoli

Technical User
Oct 28, 1999
PK
Hi everyone:

I have win2k server with 50 users. My boss want to me that make a check that server can automatically send a copy of emails which having the word “CV”, “Resume” by our employees.

Can any body tell me which software is best for this purpose and off course it should be free downloadable for testing purpose.

Thanks in advance

Mail essentials is pretty good.

Your boss sounds like a great guy!

The reference to checking for CV and Resume means you'll be scanning private emails. I would check with the legal requirements of your country. In the UK you would fall foul of the Data Protection Act and Human Rights Act and be liable for prosecution.

btw it's GFi MailSecurity not MailEssentials you would require.

1st of all thanks all of you.

Can I download these softwares and from where?

Hi,
The only way this can be done is using a lexical scanner on the mail gateway ... A product such as Mimesweeper will do the trick. Do a search for integralis, they distribute the product.

Bry

Tell your boss that he's breaking a lot of laws in almost every country. That doing what he wants means that he's lacking trust in his employees, and just think about the fact that he might do something similar to you. I know a couple of free softwares that can do what you ask but just out of compasion with your co-workers and as a protest to our rules, No help from me. Just think about who will get the blow when such things are discovered....

Thanks LG01

But my boss got permission through court of law here. So its become legal now for him.

Please if u can tell me software names then this will save my job otherwise i m going to lose it :(

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back