Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking IP phone settings remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris998877

Technical User
May 30, 2007
US
Can I check an IP phone port speed setting remotely? Seems to be a hot topic around here lately.

I should probably clarify, I have a couple CS1000S 4.5 systems, and 1140 IP phones. I would like to view and change, the phone duplex setting- if possible.

I think they are auto 1000 mbps only the PC port is configurable duplex.....

The latest (C4L) firmware has a new "Nortel-i2004-B" DHCP configuration which allows you to remotely set the speed/duplex of the PC port. The speed/duplex of the ethernet port has to be set manually at the IP Phone.

If your data switch supports 802.1ab, then the IP Phone will attempt to auto-correct any duplex mismatch when the two of them exchange configuration information. Also if that switch supports 802.1ab, it should be able to reports upwards on the configuration of the IP Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back