Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking acquired user/pass against NT rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubsmith

Technical User
Aug 14, 2000
US
Hello All,

I am somewhat new at ASP programming and I am working on an ASP programming project that is basically a web site with a login option. After logging in, the ASP will collect the username and password to determine who logged in.

Next, it will check the username/password(acquired on the web page) against the user's(the one who logged on the web site) domain rights on an NT server(newsgroup server using IIS). It will determine also if the username/password is not a valid user on the domain. These are the areas that I am looking for any tips or example code. Any and all help
will be extremely appreciated.

[sig][/sig]

Hi,
So long as the user's browser is IE (NN et al will be denied access), if you turn off basic and anonymous authentication in IIS (use challenge/response (or Windows NT) authentication) the user will get a login prompt to access any restricted files/folders (by NTFS or share permissions).

Rob [sig]<p>Rob<br><a href=mailto:robschultz@yahoo.com>robschultz@yahoo.com</a><br>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br>
"Focus on the solution to the problem,<br>
not the obstacles in the way."<br>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back