Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

checkerboard patern in cd 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick137

Programmer
Oct 15, 2002
GB
I posted earlier and I have solved that problem (image disappears in cd8)- sort of. I found that it was much better with media indexer nuked. However, when I load a vector drawing produced by ocr trace 8 into cd 8 a large portion of the image is covered in a checkerboard pattern. I am unable to get rid of this for editing, though it doesn't appear in page preview. I am still running xp pro. So, how do I get rid of the checkerboard pattern? Also, if removing media indexer partially solves the problem (ie it happens less often) does this suggest a more complete solution.

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Like i understand, it's like the checkerpattern stands for transparency, just like in photopaint. However, this shouldn't be in coreldraw i think, and surely not for a vector drawing. Are you absolutely sure you open a vector drawing (cdr, cmx, ai,...) in coreldraw? If yes, explain a bit more please.

Yes, it is a vector - specifically cmx from Corel Trace. It's only a problem with files produced by trace, and the picture previews fine.

I'll give it a go.

1) Can you see the checkerboard pattern in trace (after tracing), or only when you bring the CMX into Draw?

2) When the image is in Draw, can you ungroup and select the checkerboard pattern?

3) You state that it does not appear in page preview. Do you mean Print Preview or Full screen Preview (F9). If it is is Print Preview, are you usaing a Postscript printer as default?

4) What view is draw currently in Draft, Normal, Enhanced? (under the View menu)

5 What screen resolution and color depth is your display set to?

If you cannot see the pattern in Trace, but can in Draw, it may be a video issue.
If you can see it in both, are you able to select the pattern in Draw and ungroup it?

Print Preview polls the printer driver. A non-PS printer gets it's information from the Video driver, therefor, if in print Preview with a nonPS driver, it could be a video issue.

Try a different View (Draft, Normal, Enhanced)

If your display is set to 32bit color or 1600x1200, try dropping it down.

That's my two cents worh. But, as a parting thought, CD8 is not designed to run on XP, and there are a number of issues with doing that.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back