Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkbox WITHIN a datagrid or any grid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chernandez2000

Programmer
Nov 3, 2001
US
Anyone know of a way to have a checkbox within a cell of a datagrid (or any other VB grid control).

I am attempting to represent boolean data from a field within a table, but right now, either 1 or -1 or 0 comes back. I would like to show a clicked or unclicked checkbox.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Conrad

There is a previous thread title: Grid SetFocus Run Time Error 5 which deals with this issue. Althougth the previous thread deals with an edit box, the same methodology can be used with a checkbox.

Good Luck

Cajun... searched for that phrase... no matches.

If you happen to bring it up would u mind posting the thread number?

Thanks

I recently did this using the Data Repeater control. There's a lot to using this because it is associated with data objects (ADO & RDO) and because you're writing your own ActiveX thing, so if you're not using data objects then perhaps look at a different control.

The ListBox control has a handy little parameter in .style that gives you a checkbox on a line.

Kevin

Thanks Cajun

I will give it a shot.

Klick - thanks but I am just gonna go with a grid for now, rather than dataprepeater, but that repeater does seem pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back