Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkbox Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Segfault7375

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
US
Hi all,

I am working on a database "to-do" list. Basically what I have in mind is that it will list each item with a checkbox next to it, then you check the boxes off as you complete things, and click a button to update all of the checked items at once. What I can't figure out is this: without knowing how many items there will be, how would I go about checking off each item? I guess what I am asking for here is help with the part of the script that changes the status in the database for each checked item. I couldn't figure out a good numbering scheme for each checkbox.

Thanks in advance,
Segfault7375

If you are using Perl and CGI.pm, take a look at the docs for a 'checkbox_group'.
The checkbox_group method dynamically builds according to the number of items you give it.

You can get the documentation by doing,
prompt> perldoc CGI.pm<return>

HTH

keep the rudder amid ship and beware the odd typo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back