Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CHECKBOX IN WORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jascoh

Technical User
Oct 14, 2004
US
I cannot make my checkbox in MSWord any larger. I've followed the instructions in the MSWord help index which says to double-click the form field and then select 'exactly' under checkbox size and then specify the size. However, when I double-click the form field, there is no option for size. I can make the font bigger next to the box, but not the actual checkbox.
So, the question is, how do I make the size of the checkbox - not the text - larger in MSWord?
Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
-Jason

I created the check box, then held the shift key, pressed the cursor-left arrow, which selected the check box, then right clicked and choose Properties. There I found the Exactly option, and could change the size of the check box.

HTH
Vic

You must be using ActiveX Checkboxes (from the Control Toolbox) which come in one size only. What you want is a Forms Checkbox (from the Forms Toolbar).

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Tony:
Evidently that's the problem - I was using the active 'X' checkboxes. There's no way to change the Active 'X' size then? I wanted a check-mark but not an 'X'.
Any ideas on that?

No, it is a bit strange, but that's how it comes I'm afraid. It is possible to achieve - I forget exactly how but it's a lot of messing about. If you're creating a Word Form, best is to live with the "X", at least it functions properly with Form Protection.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Do you want just a check mark? Or do you want the form field that allows the input of Yes/No?

If you want just a check mark, you can get that with a capital R with the "Wingdings 2" font.

Nah,I was wanting the actual checkbox function but it's not critical and I can live with the 'X'.
Thanks though!
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back