Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check your speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy1

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
US
Is there any way you could check the speed of your line? Like a website you could go to?

Although ,take these with a little pinch of salt.
I was going to complain to my ISP that I couldn't get over 700k / second despite a 2mb line.
Then had to set up my nephews sleet of a shovel AMD64 laptop. It seemed to fly on the net, tested his on same link, 1650k !

Time for an upgrade, or at least a rebuild !

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Sorry, but I'm going to have to suggest that you avoid the tweaks unless you really feel that you need it or know what you're doing.

To me, it's about as unnecessary as overclocking these days. To overclock a 3.0GHz CPU by 0.5% seems as ridiculous as squeezing an extra 10KB/s out of your top download speed. But again, that's just me!
[wink]

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back