Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

check to see if its the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkzw0ot4m0nk

Programmer
Jul 19, 2002
US
hey, how can i have my program check to see if its the users first time using the program and have it display a label if it is?

Usualy to make that,and to store all user settings i pass by a .ini file.
On the Oncreate event of your main form, just check if the "myInifile.ini" exist, if not create it, and consider its the first time the user use you prog, else just load is setting.

If i remember, in delphi for file.ini, check for TIniFile in the help.

i forgot how to check to see if it already exists, thats wut i was asking.. sry

if FileExists('Settings.ini') then

how do i make a lable be visible if it does exist?

Code:
Label1.Visible := not fileExists( 'settings.ini' );

Hi am a really new programmer and I don't know how to post a question on this site so im doing it like this!

I am trying to write a procedure that calculates the most commonly drawn ball from the set of lottery numbers balls i.e 1 to 49 the numbers are stored in an array within a record which is part of a linked list. I want to go through the numbers part of my array where the numbers are stored and then have a way of searching all the elements in the list and finding the most commonly stored number. help help help! I need the expert advice here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back