Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check skill x pri m unconditionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

yettanother

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
AP
I have a question relating to the above vector command.
If I have calls queuing to skill y and then ask the PABX to check skill x 10 seconds later, will the call be routed to skill x if an agent becomes available 20 seconds after that?
I am trying to avoid having calls queue simultaneously (and showing in CMS) to both skills and hope "Check Skill..." will let me do this.
Cheers
S.

Do you have Best Service Routing.? Check you customer options. If so you can make the system decide the best skill to route to based on EWT and several other factors.

Depends what skills that agent has. If he only has x then yes, if he also has y then I think the call will be routed to y (main skill).
You can not avoid seeing both skills in CMS. Once a call is queued it will continue to do so, regardless of how many checks are subsequently made.

Dear:

The situation you are describing is a call surplus situation. We have calls waiting in different skills and 1 agent becomes available.

What will happen:

Queue to skill 1st pr m(e.g. Sales)
wt 20 sec
check skill 2nd pr m if unconditionally(e.g. Customer Service)

Agent Zorro becomes available;
has got skill Sales level 8
has got skill C.S. level 4
has been defined as a LEVEL agent

Agent Zorro will take a call from Customer Service skill

Agent Zorro has been defined as a Greatest Need agent
will take a call from Sales skill (oldest call waiting)

however: in the vector we queue at different priorities:

queue to skill 1st pr h
check skill 2nd pr m if unconditionally

Agent Zorro (LEVEL) will take call from Customer Service
Agent Zorro (Greatest Need) will take call from Sales (not because of ocw, but because of higher priority

So calls are delivered to the agent in an EAS environment based on
1) level (only if defined as a LEVEL agent)
2) priority in vectors
3) oldest call waiting

If you want to avoid having backup skills because then you will generate dequeues and outflows in your reporting (bad for your service level), you could:

- define the agents in your 2nd skill (here C.S.) as 1st skill agents (here SALES) but at a lower level. So they will only have to answer a call if all real Sales agents are unavailable.
- with CentreVu Advocate, this works even beter because then you can install reserve agents.

- or you could rewrite your vector sort of:
goto step x if staffed agents in skill 1st = 0
goto step x if ewt in skill 1st pr m > 120 s
goto step x if rolling asa in skill 1st pr m > 60 s
queue to skill 1st pr m
announcement welcome
music
announcement patience
return to music
stop
step x : check skill 2nd pr m if unconditionally
goto announcement welcome if unconditionally
stop

I hope this makes sense

regards,

tiramisu

Hey All,
Thanks loads for the info. I'm going to set up some play vectors and hunts to mess about with all of the suggetions.
Thanks again.
S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back