Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check Reconciliation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

soleman

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
US
This is similar to a previous post:

In processing a bank reconciliation, I have 13 checks which I have marked cleared.

Upon posting, I receive the following error messages:
"Incorrect procedure. Requested check 000000015053 was cleared previously"
and
"Incorrect procedure. Check 15053 was not reversed or cleared."

Since I know which checks are causing the problem, can I simply edit the APPYM.SWHKCLRD and BKCHK.RECSTATUS entries?

Change APPYM.SWHKCLRD from 1 to ?
Change BKCHK.RECSTATUS from 5 to ?

Are there any other entries that would need to be changed?

Is there any other way to fix this problem?

It's not as simple as that, you still need to post the bank rec. Edit BKCHK.SRCEAPP and change from AP to BK for the check(s) that is causing the error in the posting.
Do not change BKCHK.RECSTATUS, I have never bothered with changing APPYM.SWHKCLRD.

I will pass your suggestion on to our Accpac support company and hopefully they will be able to correct our issue.

Your suggestion sounds simpler than what I proposed. Is there more to it than you are telling me?

It's a fairly common problem in version 5.3 and 5.4, for some reason the APPYM and BKCHK get out of sync. If you compare the check numbers you will notice that the serial number differs for the same check, that is the root of the problem.

Can you recommend a program for making this change to the database? Is there a free program that will work? I have Microsoft Access, but that doesn't seem to be compatible.

The Accpac databases are accessible through ODBC, so MS Access works.

Hi ettienne,

I was able to edit the table changing BKCHK.SRCEAPP from AP to BK. Without making any other changes, we tried posting another reconciliation, and everything seems to be working properly. Thank you for your very valuable assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back