Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check printing 3.71 on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowbiteme

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2003
US
I have user who upgraded from Win2k to XP pro and now when she prints checks then are off-center. Nothing has changed except the XP upgrade. Any suggestions to why??

thx..

I upgraded two Win2k workstations that belong to the users that print checks, have no problem. But if they print to a different printer, it would be off. It might not have anything to do with MAS, the reason I say that is because I don't have security access to this module so I don't know if there's any settings or it's a Crystal Report. Check your printer settings or drivers. I am able to change printing margins on these laser printers that we use for this purpose.
I am no expert, but I am just giving you a feedback on the same senario as yours and that I didn't have to do anything with MAS90.

Hope this helps.

You did not say if the printers were DOT or laser.

Laserjet 2100 is the make.. It seems if I use the default XP driver HP Laserjet the printer/checks line up ok.. So it appears the XP printer driver is slightly different than the Win2k driver as far as Mas is concerned..

Printer drivers can definitely make a difference.

Dawn

I'm having the same problem on ours. We were using Lexmark DOT printers and when we got a new EPSON Dot Printer the forms are off. The first one prints ok, but in continous mode the rest of the forms print lower and lower.
I checked the setting of the printer and the settings in the form and I cannot find anything that explains this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back