Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

check-in package will fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkramerf

Instructor
Sep 30, 2002
NL
With Epo 3.0, if I try to check in a DAT manually into the repository from a local folder produced by a mirror task, I get a "failed to load catalog" after trying to op en catalog.z file in the root of the mirror folder.

I can checkin software, hotfixes etc. without any problem, but no dat files.

paul

Dan, you'll have to download the DAT files packaged specifically for use with ePO and the McAfee AutoUpdate Architect. You can find them here:

And select DAT Package for use with McAfee AutoUpdate Architect & ePO 3.0

AVChap
... been there, done that, made that mistake too, see where I am now.

BTW, they're not downloaded in to the repository by default. This is separate since you already get the DAT in the repository during the Repository Pull.

AVChap
... been there, done that, made that mistake too, see where I am now.

It's not the pull-task where I'm talking about. Then DAT files are automatically entered in the master repository. That works fine. Also any replication task to distributed repos. But manually entering DAT's from a mirror (or whatever) should also be possible with the "check-in package wizard", if you choose NOT to use a pull task. (so the repository had no DAT files yet)

quote: "you can check-in products, DAT's, engines, hotfixes and servicepacks"

The use of manually entering a DAT instead of using the pull task is another discussion.

paul

Sorry AVChap, I wasn't paying attention enough to you answer (too much rush-rush) You're right, just wrong DAT package (I used the mirrored one, that's not working)
Thanks,
paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back