Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check if form and/or query is used

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjake13

Programmer
Aug 26, 2001
US
I inherited a database with 128 forms and 200 queries in the front end. Is there a way, besides going through each one manually, to check and see what queries are and are not used? I'd like to remove the excess junk if they're not needed.

Here is one thread, I seem to remember more.

How to identify used Queries in access 2k
thread701-1114258

Thanks Remou.
This helped identify the record sources of all my forms and reports. Now I just need to figure out when and where some of these other queries are being called or used.

look into MS Access Queries (a hidden system table)

no good for your forms, but includes (in its own inminitable and arcane way) all you ever wanted to know about the queries.

it WILL take some review and perhaps comparision to other perspectives (view points?) of your queries, but once conquored, you will forever be able to see all there is to know about the queries

what this will not tell you is where the queries might be instantiated from within other Ms. A. objects (e.g. forms, frports, modules ... )

much of that information, however, can generally be gleaned from another one of the mysterious (and hidden( system tables ... MSysObjects.

MichaelRed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back