Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

check boxes in queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

captsamm

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
US
I have several fields collected into a form by a query. I want to change the data in one of the fields but when the field (a check box in this case) is clicked, the check box will not change state...merely a ding and nothing happens. Can anyone tell me how I can change the data in a field when the field is in a subform generated by a query. I am pretty desperate at this point as the finish to my application depends on being able to change the value in the check box, and the ability to imput data into a notes field.

Is there any code running that locks these checkboxes. Is it a continous form view or regular form view. What is the Edit property for the form set to?

Paul

There is no code running that I know of that would lock the records.
The properties are all set to allow the fields/records to be edited....it is a continuous form so that the customer can see that he has multiple calls to make....

What about the Enabled property for your checkbox. That should be yes. Or the locked property, yes also. Or the Triple State value. That should be set to No. Are any of these Option Groups?

Paul

Enabled...yes
Locked...no
triplestate...no
Option Groups ??

I certainly appreciate your efforts to help me with this...

captsamm @comcast.net

Make sure the record locks on the query itself are set to "No Locks" also. I've pulled my hair out before looking for form locks when it was the query behind it the whole time.

Look at the Status Bar in Access (located in the bottom left of your screen) and when you click on the check box does it say "This recordset is not updatable"?

Also - What about the other fields in the query used to feed the SubForm? Do your other fields near the chkbox accept input or do they dingout too?

Make sure you can input into the query/recordset before anything else. I'm not a pro, but I'd try something like updating the info retured from the query to see if there is a freaky join or something that doesn't allow the query to update/accept data..

Maybe DISTICTROW got ya??? : Search the MS KB for Q168438
Lemme know what happens when you try updating the other fields in the suspect query/subform.

No locks on the records in the query.

I cannot update any of the fields in the query

Whoops...Yes,when I am in a field of the query, the status bar says the recordset is not updateable...how can I change that?

Regards, Samm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back